Tuesday, December 4, 2012

One Year Ago: Dec. 4

Sunday, Dec 4.  I dropped the girls off at another event after church; as we pulled up one of them again mentioned another possibility for Joe.  Oddly (!) it hit me hard.  I left the girls to visit for a while and went to return some things to the library. As I was driving, I wondered why God would have me think and pray about him for so long if he were going to marry someone else?  I had just read Mimosa by Amy Carmichael and had really been challenged by her strong trust in God regardless of circumstances; it was a good reminder for me.

That night we had two Bold Reflection concerts.  I was watching to see how Joe would interact with me, and I didn’t see much out of the ordinary.  He seemed quite sober, didn’t ignore me but wasn’t overly friendly.  From his perspective, he figured out fairly quickly that I didn’t know anything yet.  And he was rather baffled by my mom’s behavior--was she wiping a tear from her eye during the concert because she felt so sorry for him?

to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment