Friday, April 11, 2014

Today

It's a beautiful spring day.  We're discovering that there are some blossoming trees in our complex--crab apple?  Saw pink blossoms for the first time today.  Hopefully the snow projected for Sunday doesn't do them in.

We were downtown for the morning for Homeschool Day at the Capitol.  The boys (aka Bold Reflection) have provided special music for some years now--the National Anthem for the House of Representatives and for the noon rally, and a few sacred numbers for the morning celebration in the church.  Joe and I weren't at all crazy about getting up early and using part of his day off on such an endeavor, but it ended up being a blessing to us.  The speaker was a man who recently came to Christ and it was so refreshing to hear his perspective.

We came home and I took James for a walk/jog.  I just started getting back into jogging.  I have always had a love/hate relationship with it at best, but I'm finding that I like it more now.   Maybe it has something to do with not being able to for several months?

Joe got Starbucks for us and met me at the park.  We sat together and enjoyed the sunshine and talked--it was lovely.

I got patio furniture for my birthday!  It's black and simple and we really love being able to sit outside together now that the weather's warmer.  I am looking forward to growing some pretty flowers out there again.

Well, it's Amy's birthday and the party is winding down.  James is so tired and we'll head home soon.  Joe and I are hanging out with him in the house (he's sucking his pacifier and playing with his sock) just now.  Joe introduced James to the trampoline earlier--he hadn't been on one since a few days before he was born.  (Bouncing was one of the many things that failed to put me into labor.)  We got some family pictures:




Poor little James.  :)  He's much happier now.

I should sign off and get this posted while it's still today.  Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment